Saturday, April 2, 2016

Artist Statement

The study and artistic representation of the human body has been the unifying theme of my work. I have always felt the need to examine its essence in depth, regarding both the exterior and interior sides. My painting explores formal, aesthetic aspects, academic stereotypes and moral prejudices. I attribute nudity various meanings and interpretations from mythology to the study of anatomy, through the representation of beauty and aesthetic ideal of perfection of ancient Greece.

The body is the expression of attributes, values and dreams. It is source of pleasure, pain, sorrow and joy. My painting aims to reflect the intimate relationship between the physical and spiritual aspects of the human being. My work gives special relevance and depth to the heart as birthplace of every single feeling and emotion. After all, life begins and ends with a heartbeat. The heart is a muscle that functions without any involvement from our conscious will. We tend to associate our own personal self driven acts to a heart function. Everyday expressions such as: “to have a golden heart” or “to be heartbroken” clearly show to which extent the heart-emotions relationship is rooted in our beliefs and language. In my latest work I use a heart placed above the head symbolizing a search of the place the soul lies; humanity's great mystery.

The images I work with come from pictures I take of live models, fashion magazines, bullfighting portals, and anatomy atlas. I aim to combine power, lust, compassion, elegance and poetry as an act of freedom. My paintings represent an exaltation of life, of the transformations that generate feelings.




Copyright © 2016 www.yunialores.com
Todos los derechos reservados



No comments:

Post a Comment